The purpose of CHSS Sourcing is to: generate savings for member hospitals; regionally align Sourcing activities; extend the existing relationship with HealthPRO; ensure greater consistency of price and quality; reduce workload; and permit greater product standardization by employing a consistent suite of supplies and improved reliability of supply.
In order to meet our objectives and therefore our service levels, CHSS will establish clear indicators and targets to measure performance.
- Increase spend savings to re-invest in member hospitals:
- Increase spend on contract (contract compliance, leakage, transfer non managed spend)
- Increase GPO contracts (GPO spend reporting)
- Spend visibility with GHX applications
- Gain efficiencies both financially and with increased clinical best practice
- CHSS aims to increase collaboration with other shared service organizations in both knowledge sharing and by going to market together. This approach will bring efficiencies such as driving savings by combining spend volumes, avoiding duplication of efforts, sharing expertise and fostering innovation.
- Knowledge management:
- Improve strategic decisions
- Improve contract management
- Strengthen region and infrastructure including partnerships
- Streamline process, remove redundancies and optimize resources